A guide for our Shoppers
We strive to provide our shoppers with the best consignment shopping experience we can! Shoppers will find high quality, pre-owned merchandise at a fraction of the cost, in an organized and inviting setting. Our inventory is carefully screened to ensure that everything meets our expectations.
Shoppers can expect to find everything they need for infants, kids and teens all under one roof. All items will be neatly organized and marked by clear signage on our spacious sales floor.
- All clothing is closely inspected, free from damage and arranged on our racks by gender and size
- All non-hanging clothing items are organized by type and displayed in baskets
- Shoes are sorted by gender and organized by size on our racks and in baskets
- Toys are sorted by gender, organized on tables and separated by age (i.e. infant and toddler)
- Infant equipment is sorted by type and displayed in baskets
- Games, puzzles, books, DVDs and computer games are displayed on shelves
- Large infant equipment is set up and grouped by type on the sales floor
- Large toys and ride-on toys are grouped by type on the sales floor
Click here for an extensive list of all the types of items we accept for sale.
Registration and Early Shopping
Are you a parent or grandparent expecting the arrival of a child, either by birth or adoption? Are you a foster parent preparing for the arrival of a child? Are you a parent or grandparent to a child who is one year of age or younger? If so, we invite you to register below to receive shopping privileges for you AND a guest at our 6 pm pre-sale. Our pre-sales are held the Thursday evening of sale week.
If you are not eligible for early shopping as a new parent, grandparent or foster parent you can still shop early by helping out as a volunteer in exchange for pre-sale shopping as early as 2:30 pm (entry time depends on number of hours worked). Entry can be achieved by working just 2 hours!
If you are interested in being added to our mailing list, please click the link below. We will only contact you with updates during our sale seasons. All contact information is kept strictly confidential and will never be sold or shared.
Shopping Hours for our Next Sale
May 7, 2020 – Pre-sale for pre-registered and ticketed shoppers ONLY
* Volunteers shop at varying times beginning at 2:30 pm
* 5 pm – Consignors shop with one guest
* 6 pm – New parents & grandparents, foster parents shop with one guest per registered shopper
* Doors close for pre-sale shopping at 9 pm
May 8, 2020 – Public sale from 9 am until 7 pm
May 9, 2020 – Public sale from 8 am until 1 pm
*** 50% off thousands of items all day Saturday ***
On Saturday, our consignors have the option to sell their items at a discount of 50% off. Any item presented for purchase on SATURDAY ONLY that reads “Discount: YES” will be sold at 50% off. Any item that reads “Discount: NO” will be sold for full price.
Return to Top
Accepted Forms of Payment
We accept cash, credit cards (Visa, MasterCard and Discover) and personal checks. Credit cards will be accepted for transactions of $10 or more. All personal checks must include the customer’s current address and phone number and be accompanied by a valid photo ID (i.e. a Pennsylvania driver’s license). Any returned checks will be assessed a non-sufficient funds fee of $40 (fee is subject to change without notice).
We are required by law to collect Pennsylvania state sales tax on all applicable items. Most clothing and shoes are not taxed under current tax laws.
Return to Top
- All are welcome at our sale, but we do require that children remain under the watchful eye of a parent or guardian at all times
- Strollers are permitted
- Shop early for the best selection
- Bring along a detailed shopping list and be sure to include sizes
- Come prepared with a large shopping bag or laundry basket to use as you shop
- Large items may be placed at our hold table for safekeeping while you continue shopping for more treasures
- Volunteers will be on hand to help you to your vehicle with large items if assistance is needed
- All sales are final so please be sure to make a thorough inspection of your items prior to making your purchase
Q: How can I find out the dates for your upcoming sales?
A: The best answer is to sign up to be added to our mailing list. This will get your information in to our system to receive notification each time our sale opens for registrations and to receive reminders on our shopping days. If you are a Facebook user, we also recommend that you like our Facebook page and be sure you are receiving our notifications.
Q: May I bring my child along with me to shop?
A: While we do allow children to attend our sales, we also find that your shopping experience is more enjoyable if you are able to attend on your own. If you must attend with your children, we do ask that they remain under your constant supervision.
Q: What forms of payment are accepted?
A: We accept cash, checks and credit cards. Checks must have your current address and phone number on them. A photo I.D. must also be presented with your check. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover and require a minimum purchase of $10 for a credit card to be used.
Q: What is the pre-sale?
A: The pre-sale is the early shopping session that we hold the evening before our sale opens to the public. This session is open to groups of pre-registered and ticketed individuals.
Q: How can I shop in the pre-sale?
A: There are a few ways you can gain entry in to our pre-sale. You can volunteer for just 2 hours and shop in the pre-sale beginning as early as 2:30 pm (entry time depends on number of hours worked). You can register as a consignor and receive a pass to shop with one guest beginning at 5 pm. You can check if you qualify as a new or expectant parent, grandparent or foster parent and register to shop with one guest beginning at 6 pm. You can offer to distribute flyers to a local daycare, preschool or other family-friendly business and receive a pass to shop with one guest beginning at 5 pm. We also give away a limited number of pre-sale shopping passes through contests on our Facebook page. If all else fails, you can find a friend who is already registered to come and BEG them to bring you along as their guest.
Q: Can you tell me what you have in inventory?
A: We never know exactly what we will have in inventory until the Wednesday of our sale week when our consignors drop off their items.
Q: Why do you charge sales tax?
A: We are required by Pennsylvania law to collect sales tax on all applicable items. Most clothing and shoes are not taxed under current state tax laws.
Q: Who sets the prices on the items?
A: Our consignors set the prices on their items.
Q: Are the marked prices negotiable?
A: No, the prices are not negotiable. Prices are set by our consignors and we have a responsibility to sell their items at the stated prices.
Q: What happens to the unsold inventory?
A: Our consignors have the option of donating their unsold items to a charity of our choice. Over the years we have donated tens of thousands of items to Operation Wildcat. Any items not donated at the end of the sale will be returned to the consignors.